Thursday, March 20

Bardihara slum visit

Met Julian (on the right in the photo) who is starting a small scale project, teaching only 5 children (all girls, aged 12-16) from a slum near Baridhara tailoring and general education with the aim that they will enter a government school within a year or two. Spent the afternoon walking around the slum and talking with Julian and her students. The tailoring class shown here is also the tailoring teacher's house.


On the way home with my flat mate - we get mobbed by increasing numbers of very excited children each day.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm noticing that your 'work' blogs aren't attracting many comments, but your tarantulas, rhinos in baths, and dodgy building sites are proving popular... (glad you've started your research though!).

Anonymous said...

Rhinos, spiders and bendy scaffolding aside, I wondered what kind of educational experience Julian had, and why she got involved in the education of the other children?

Steve

Anonymous said...

Hey sona!
I was shy to see my silent projct!
thanks from my kids and me.
I m missing you and big ..............hug.

sonamoni julian

Post a Comment